Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Two Years In


I can't believe the theater has been open for two years now... well, almost two years.
We were building it up two years ago this very weekend. It's kind of crazy to take a minute and look back at all the work we have done for this theater.
After two years in still neither of the cool Portland newspapers (WW or Mercury) have done any sort of story on us, but we're doing just fine. Every month we're improving as far as ticket sales and reputation, as far as I can tell.
It's a struggle, but a fun struggle.
We're getting these T shirts printed soon.
Stacey and I have developed a two person sketch show called Tandem (our group is Jean Louis) and we'll be performing it in Austin at the Out of Bounds comedy festival in September.

Overall, things have been great. There is a lot of stressed involved in running a comedy theater in a town where there is no comedy, but people like us. I think everyone is doing a great job and I see nothing but good things for the future of the Curious Comedy Theater.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I can't wait to see you at OOB. I am going to give you both 900 kisses.

Contributors